20090312

All of Me

I gave you all of me
now I just wish you'd leave me a note
telling me it will be alright
but we'll never wake up on the other side
of this, the longest night
i can't see how life will be now
but I know from expreience
time will just keep passing by
I really wish you'd give me a call
so I can ask you all the questions
that have no answers in this world
now I'll be just another one
I know and I understand
I really held you close
and I did know you
you sat through this lesson
and now you're out of the other side
i understand, I was just another one
I know you'll find your way through
back to where it all begins again, sometime
with someone else, and I'm sure she'll understand
when you go through to the other side
of another lesson learnt
I really did know you
and I gave you all I knew







bitter version after nine:

you took all of me, all I had
and I gave it all away, everytime
I fought in all of your fights
I held you through your every darkest nights
but it wasn't enough
oh, that's just too though
guess I got in the way of your line of flight
and now all my efforts useless
I thought we were in love
but it was just hell in a fancy dress
I'm watching the fat lady sing
and the bitterness stings
as I take of the engegemant ring

No comments: